Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Williams gets not one, but the first two offers

Charles Williams of Bullard (Fresno) received his first two scholarship offers from Washington State and Idaho on Tuesday, May 12 (photo credit CentralValleyFootball.com) 
Charles Williams of Bullard High in Fresno landed not one, but two football scholarship offers from Washington State and Idaho on Tuesday, May 12, ending the running back's anxiety of waiting for his first pledge.

Both offers came to Williams on Tuesday afternoon; with the Cougars of the PAC-12 Conference emerging as the first scholarship opportunity around 1 p.m. Two hours later, the Knights' leading rusher received his pledge from the Vandals out of the Sun Belt Conference.

"A lot of stress came off of me and my family," Williams said. "I just want to make my parents proud and happy after I graduate."

Williams said he credits his BHS coaches, the DB Guru coaches/players and his teammates on the Knights' football and track team for helping him during his recruiting process.

Last season, Williams dashed to 1,438 rushing yards on 217 carries and scored 20 touchdowns in 10 games for the Knights.

Williams said that he's not planning to commit to either school right away.

"I want to wait it out and see how it (the recruiting period) goes," Williams said. "It's because I still got some heads to turn and open a longer, better path for my career."






No comments:

Post a Comment