Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Campbell, Perryman land first offers from the same FCS program

Jerald Campbell said he can breathe a sigh of relief, knowing that he'll no longer worry about landing his first scholarship offer after Weber State came through for him on Tuesday, May 5.

The versatile wide receiver, cornerback and return man was waiting on his first offer since the end of the 2014-15 season for Lemoore High. He had mainly drawn interest from the Ivy Leagues and service academies before the Wildcats emerged as his first pledge.

"It's a huge relief knowing I've been offered," Campbell said. "Now, I don't have to stress about it and I can finally just play football."

Campbell described his conversation with the Wildcat coaches "interesting."

Said Campbell: "They were talking to me about what I can improve on and how they'll be willing to get me to play on Sundays."

Campbell - who combined for 176 all-purpose yards and intercepted two passes last year - added that the Wildcat coaches are recruiting him for either cornerback or an athlete position.

Campbell said he doesn't plan to commit right away to the Football Championship Subdivision program. He wants to let the process play out. He adds that a number of people have helped him during this recruiting process.

"I want to thank God for answering my prayers and my mother and father for making me who I am today," Campbell said. "I would also like to thank every coach who has coached me to get better. Lastly, I thank all of my supporters because they're the reason I motivate myself to become the best student-athlete I can be."



FELLOW LEMOORE TIGER LANDS WEBER STATE OFFER

Jerald Campbell wasn't the only Lemoore High football player walking around the campus with a Weber State offer. Fellow teammate Allen Perryman received his first pledge from the Wildcats on Tuesday, May 5, as well.

Perryman stated on his Instagram page: "Beyond blessed to announce that I received my first scholarship offer to play football at Weber State University. Shout out to my bro Jerald on the scholarship too!"

Perryman, who lines up at wide receiver and safety, led the Central Section with 9 interceptions for the 11-1 Tigers during the 2014-15 season. Offensively, the Class of 2016 prospect caught 55 passes for 1,070 yards and scored nine times.


No comments:

Post a Comment