Tuesday, November 3, 2015

UNIVERSITY OF MONTANA GETS A VERBAL PLEDGE FROM AN UNDERRATED LOS ANGELES REGION STAR

Charter Oak (Covina) athlete Dareon Nash ended his recruiting process on Tuesday, Nov. 3, by verbally committing to the University of Montana. Nash said the positive treatment he received at Missoula sold him (photo contributed). 
Charter Oak of Covina athlete Dareon Nash was in awe of the atmosphere that he saw during his visit to Missoula, MT – which convinced him to accept the University of Montana’s football scholarship pledge after verbally committing to the Grizzlies on Tuesday, Nov. 3.

Nash, who mainly drew Football Championship Subdivision interest and held his other offers from Northern Arizona, Eastern Washington and the University of San Diego, said that Montana immediately sold him before he took his Oct. 2015 visit to the campus.

“From the moment coach and I talked about my visit and then when I actually saw the flight reservations, I knew they really did care about me because they didn't wait until the end of the season for my trip - and that made an impression on me,” Nash said. “Then, once I arrived in Montana, you could just feel the difference in the people and their relationships with the players and the passion for their football team. There's no professional sports in Montana and so from meeting the head coach, to the student section recognizing my face on the Jumbotron while chanting my name, or spending time with the coaches and players whether we were meeting or just hanging out all felt like family.”

The Class of 2016 prospect is currently second in three separate receiving categories for the 8-1 Chargers. He has 39 catches for 412 yards and six touchdowns. The 6-foot-2, 175-pound target has hauled in 129 catches for 1,678 yards and 20 touchdowns during his three-year varsity career.

Nash added that Montana’s coaching staff and players made him feel like a wanted piece to their puzzle.

“I've always wanted to go someplace where they wanted me as much as I wanted them,” Nash said. “Now I can go in there and they expect me to compete right away.”

Nash, who also has one interception and four pass breakups on defense through nine games this season, said he’s hopeful that he can contribute immediately to the Big Sky program.


“I'm used to playing three sides of the ball, but ultimately I anticipate being a playmaker for them on offense,” Nash said. “I love to work and compete so I'm looking forward to the challenge and anxious for this next chapter in my life. My mom, sisters and I always had this dream about me earning my college degree and playing college football, so I feel like I've done good on our promise to each other and I will always stay humble through it all.”


No comments:

Post a Comment