Thursday, March 31, 2016

GOING FULL CIRCLE....AND BACK TO WHERE IT REALLY BEGAN


Back in 2009, I got my first taste of the recruiting world through scout.com, where I got to cover the Scout high school skills camp and another young skills event during its infancy: Passing Down.

Seven years later, I’m elated to make this announcement…

I’ve gone full circle!

I’ve been given the green light to return to scout.com and help provide additional content for the Golden State Preps website. I’ll also assist the other sites through the scout.com family in whatever capacity. Thanks to a new partnership with Cal beat writer Ryan Gorcey, which was made earlier today, I will help provide an extra set of eyes, ears, and content in two regions I’m very familiar with: the Central Valley and Ventura County. Mr. Gorcey needed some help in those areas. I told him that I’m more than willing to lend a hand. Stoked to make a return to Scout!

So many people to thank: Mr. Gorcey for helping lure me back to scout, my immediate family, my second family at Passing Down and lastly, everyone who has ever read and shared my stories over the years. Regardless if you’re a friend, coach, parent or player I highlighted, you’ve made it all worth it in the long run!

I’m still planning on staying with Passing Down. The tournament opened up so many doors for me back in ’09 and it continues to get bigger and better; with so many national prospects attending the events. It’s a requirement for scout writers to attend PD anyway!

As for Cali Gold Mine, I can’t guarantee that you’ll see the same content on this blog as my focus now shifts to finishing out the tournament year with PD and diving right into Scout. I’ll update CGM once in a while, but I can look back and say CGM kept my journalism career alive.

More important, I’m forever grateful that I stayed alive nearly two years ago when I endured the darkest period of my life. I’ve gone from a guy who was losing his ability to move his joints and ligaments, to someone who is now assisting the Fox Sports online recruiting site.

If you’re at St. Bonaventure, Westlake High, Calabasas, Oaks Christian, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks or the 559 and 661, don’t be surprised to see me at your games soon!


Thanks! I will end this announcement by sharing one of my favorite Bible verses Proverbs 16:3, “Commit your works to the Lord, and your plans will be established.”

No comments:

Post a Comment