First off, hope everyone is enjoying their 2014.
I want to reflect back on the season it was in the California Junior College scene. More intriguing prospects are being pumped out at JUCO's up-and-down California.
Here's a list of guys that caught Cali Gold Mine's attention:
QB: SKYLAR HOWARD, RIVERSIDE
- Howard, a Texas product, had a touchdown to interception ratio of 33-6. He's now committed to West Virginia.
RB: DEANDRE MANN, HARTNELL
- Fast and gifted running back who averaged 155.1 yards per game and scored 27 touchdowns.
RB: ELIJAA PENNY, CERRITOS
- The big 6-foot-2, 240-pound back would have been the state's leader in rushing touchdowns if it weren't for Mann (Penny had 20 rushing TD's.)
TE: BO BRUMMELL, BUTTE
- The big 6-foot-4, 230-pound tight end is a red zone nightmare for linebackers and defensive backs.
WR: BRIAN FOBBS, DE ANZA
- Undersized at 6-feet, 185-pounds, but Fobbs led the state with 96 receptions and 20 receiving touchdowns. Freaky athleticism and has an NFL-like jump ball ability and can control his catches.
WR: LAVON PEARSON, FEATHER RIVER
- Big target wide receiver at 6-foot-2, 190-pounds. Ran a 4.48 40-yard dash and led the state with 1,598 receiving yards.
OL: DAVE HEDELIN, SAN FRANCISCO CITY
- Hedelin is a 6-foot-5, 285-pound mauler who even was used as a motion man on certain formations. His athleticism made him an extra fullback/h-back for CCSF. Holds over 15 scholarship offers. Recently committed to the Rose Bowl Champions Michigan State.
OL: RICARDO GARCIA, FRESNO CITY
- Garcia fit right in with the always physical Rams approach. The 6-foot-3, 275-pound Garcia became one of the top run blockers for FCC.
C: BRIAN HOBBS, FULLERTON
- The 6-foot-1, 330-pound Hobbs drove defensive linemen back nearly 10 yards and set an aggressive tone for a Fullerton offense that averaged 514.8 yards per game.
OL: GREG HUGHES, VENTURA
- An intriguing 2015 prospect at 6-foot-7, 365-pounds and a powerful upper body. Hughes even flattened incoming defenders with just one pop.
OL: CAL IBANEZ, FULLERTON
- Has a nice explosion off the ball and drills defensive linemen in the run game.