Thursday, March 21, 2013

No. 100 (A message from CGM's owner)

This is the 100th post for Cali Gold Mine. This one is a different write-up, because this is where I say this:

Thank you!

Thanks to everyone who took an interest in the scouting reports I posted. I want to thank the student-athletes for being inspired/motivated with what I write and taking the timeout to thank me for getting them out there. Thanks also to the student-athletes at both the prep and junior college level for sending me their film so I can help add my scout thoughts. I want to say thanks to the parents for both the high praise and for pointing out their players to me. I also want to give an important thank you to all the college coaches at any level for using CGM as a tool for their recruiting needs. My hope is that my connection base continues to expand by helping discover more talented football players ready for the next level.

While I'm excited about what the future holds for me regarding scouting and recruiting writing, I will say this: Most readers already know this but for those who didn't know, I also serve as the Sports Editor at The Reedley Exponent and I'm back at it with the fastest rising 7-on-7 football camp in the state of California - Passing Down - as their coverage writer.

Long story short, I'll try to update this blog as much as I can, but my true focus will always be with The Exponent and my scouting endeavors has now shifted over to Passing Down for the next few months. My plan at P.D will still remain: I'm helping discover prospects and using the pen and pad to create a platform for them to lure in scholarship offers. Except this time, I'm discovering them with my own eyes at a 7-on-7 tournament I attend.

Again, I'll try to update this blog as much as I can, but most of my scout work will be seen on Passing Down. Great features stories and camp recaps are lined up, trust me!

And trust me when I say that I probably wouldn't have gone this far with this blog corner if it weren't for your interest in my material! I can go to sleep every night knowing people up and down California and in other parts of the United States knows about what I do. Thanks again! The best is yet to come!

Sincerely,
Lorenzo J. Reyna


No comments:

Post a Comment